Static solar concentrator for PV and solar thermal
What we offer:
Our interest is the use of the concentrator in conjunction with existing technologies and new materials to achieve significant cost savings in PV and solar thermal.
The target is ‘rooftop’ solar panels.
• With the concentrator, solar panels capture the benefit of concentrated light without the associated cost and complexity of sun tracking machinery.
• The concentration factor is typically between 3.0 and 4.0. This leads to corresponding savings in the amount of PV material needed in each panel.
• Different materials can be used with the concentrator, from monocrystalline Si to thin film PV.
• The simple design, reduced amount of PV material and the use of cost advantageous optical plastics or polycarbonates can result in lower manufacturing costs for solar panels.
The target is hot water solar panels.
• With the concentrator, light is guided onto liquid carrying tubes and therefore transfers maximum heat to the liquid for transport to a storage tank.
• Because light is concentrated onto the heat transporting tubes, the heat dissipating area is minimised which can result in reduced losses and high panel efficiency.
• The optical concentrator makes it possible to produce panels using cost advantageous materials that can result in lower manufacturing costs.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for PV material suppliers who would be ready to work with us to integrate their material with the concentrator. We require bifacial material and there are opportunities with different PV technologies.
We are looking for partners who would contribute their expertise in manufacturing using new materials such as polycarbonate for example.
- Solar Cells, Wafers
- Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment
- Solar Thermal
- Technology & Business Cooperation
- Technical cooperation
- License agreement
- Joint venture
Co-operation interest with the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- South Korea